Though Mage Networks was only established in 2017, our team has a history of key accomplishments in the wireless networking field:
- Mage Networks technology has deep roots in the early days of broadband wireless which originated in patents from the early 90’s by Wi-LAN Inc. , in which our founder Dr. Sayed-Amr El-Hamamsy, was involved as COO and as CEO. This company went on to license Wi-Fi and 4G technology globally to almost every major technology company around the world.
- Further experience in developing solutions for gathering data from wireless surveys led to an understanding of how powerful wireless networks can be deployed easily in very difficult terrain.
- The wireless seismic solution was be used by clients in the oil and gas industry Unfortunately, the fall of oil and gas prices in 2015-2016 led to the company ceasing operations.
- In 2017, Dr. El-Hamamsy saw an opportunity to create a revolutionary network concept (which we call MagiNet™) and co-founded Mage Networks.
- The team began developing the technology focused on rural and remote markets with plans to grow into other applications such as providing backhaul for 5G LTE networks and intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and the Internet of Things.
- Mage has completed the commercial introduction of its first-generation product. Mage has installed networks in several counties and regions of the US and Canada.
- Mage is currently completing the development of a software design tool utilizing Geo Information System (GIS) data and processes, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning to automate the design of its network. This tool will help our partners and customers deploy their networks quickly and effectively.
- Mage has completed a network in Grand Cayman delivering outdoor WiFi in the Port area of Georgetown. The network is to be expanded in two phases, although the expansion has been halted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Mage has a proof of concept network rolled out in Accra, Ghana, and Monrovia, Liberia. As well as a network connecting county buildings currently being rolled out in Powhatan, Virginia and another private network in Warrenton, Virginia. That is in addition to the Taber, Coop, Redwood Meadows and Bragg Creek WiFi networks.
What do you get when you invest in Mage Networks?
Mage is proud to be working with a dream-team of the best engineers, a seasoned marketing group and a coterie of private investors. All are working together to move Mage forward. With a solid business and marketing plan in place, Mage is poised to deploy MagiNet™ networks across North America, and beyond. The value of MagiNet will continue to build exponentially as more networks are deployed, and more applications become cost effective.
Innovation at scale
Decades of industry experience
Dr. Sayed-Amr (Sisso) El-Hamamsy
Co-Founder, President and CEO
Dr. Ahmed Zaki
Co-Founder, Vice President, Engineering
Vice President, Operations
Dr. Mohamed Ammar Al Masri (Ammar)
Vice President, Sales
Vice President, Marketing
We'd love to hear from you.
Complete the form below and someone from our team will get in touch!